Plan Kenya is recruiting a consultant to study the impact of the 2011 drought on girl child education in Kenya in order to inform future programme design and delivery.
The researcher will document and analyse:
- The impact of the 2011 Horn of Africa drought disaster on girls’ and boys’ education in the affected areas in the Kenya,
- The difficulties girls faced while attending school and how differently girls and boys were affected.
- The categories of girls that were most vulnerable, vulnerability factors and
- The mitigation measures adopted that helped girls continue their education during the drought.
The consultant will submit a full technical proposal and a separate financial proposal with the following components
- The consultant’s understanding of the terms of reference
- Clear and detailed work plan including a Gantt chart
- A detailed methodology
- Full details of proposed consultancy team members, including their CVs which relates their experience and skills, etc. to this study
- A detailed time schedule
- Evidence of past work relevant to this study
- Names, physical and email addresses and telephone numbers of three references for the consultancy organization which must relate to major work done within the last three years, and the contact details (names, addresses and email and telephone numbers) of the persons who were ultimately responsible and accountable for contracting the consultants for that work
- Full names, post office box number, telephone number(s), e-mail address, physical address and contact person(s) of the consultant(s)
- An itemized and detailed budget including consultancy fees and allowances, and all administrative costs in Kenya shillings
- Proposed terms and schedule of payment (please note that Plan will not pay an advance unless a standard bank guarantee is provided).