Extended closing date
Plan International is one of the oldest and the largest international development agencies in the world. In the Philippines, Plan works with children and their families in the poor communities with programs covering education, child and youth engagement, health (including water and environmental sanitation), and child protection.
Plan has a 30-month AusAID (Australian Government Overseas Aid Program) grant-funded project on Community-based Climate Change Adaptation (CBA). The project aims to increase the resilience of children, youth and their communities in the Philippines to the impacts of climate change. The project will be implemented in partnership with Save the Children and local partners in the provinces of Aurora, Northern Samar, Eastern Samar, and Southern Leyte.
Plan invites applications from highly competent, experienced and committed professionals to fill the position of: Community Based Adaptation Consortium Manager.
The incumbent will lead, organize and develop strategic directions for the CBA project consortium to ensure a synchronized program implementation that is aligned to Plan’s and Save the Children’s vision, mission, goals, and child-centered community development approach (CCCDA). The incumbent will lead in coordination and networking at the national level in pursuit of project goals and adherence to Australia National Organization (ANO) grant and donor requirements, agreements and standards. The incumbent is responsible for the development and management of the CBA project. Consolidation of stakeholder relationships will be crucial and the incumbent will closely link with various identified organizations and parties to ensure that the development of the adaptation and DRR activities are consistent with the project intentions and requirements.
• Advanced degree in relevant field (at least Masteral degree in Coastal Management, Climate Change, Environmental Management or Disaster Risk Reduction) and proven high level of technical knowledge in water resources management, food security, community development, gender, etc.
• Minimum 10 years experience in development work with specialization in climate change adaptation demonstrating the ability to manage budgets and programs with effective management of large budget preferably with an international NGO and at least 3 years experience in managing a climate change project or similar projects with a consortium set-up
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communications skills
• Demonstrated experience in capacity building and skills-transfer in local organizations and a commitment to Plan’s performance management processes;
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and complete assignments within timeframes and budgets;
• Ability to prioritize and manage a complex and varied workload, often to tight deadlines;
• Strong representational skills including experience in developing networks; with government, civil society organizations and other stakeholder.
• Demonstrated understanding on gender equality and women empowerment and a commitment to Plan’s development approaches and values including diversity, cultural sensitivity and child protection.