World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV) invites Vietnamese competent candidates for the following position:
PROJECT MANAGER (01 position) working for a Community-based Adaptation project in Ca Mau (CBAC in short); based in Ca Mau town with extensive travels to communes of Ngoc Hien and Nam Can districts.
The CBAC project aims at increasing resilience to climate change of Ngoc Hien and Nam Can communities in Ca Mau province through supporting the communities to be better able to adapt to disaster risks and climate change effects; and promoting sound practices to mitigate disaster risks and climate change
Purpose of position
The position manages the design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the Community based Adaptation in Ca Mau (CBAC) project, which aims at improving capacity in disaster and climate change mitigation and adaptation capacity for local communities of Ngoc Hien and Nam Can districts as well as institutions and private businesses in Ca Mau province , thus increasing their resilience to climate change impacts.
In close coordination and collaboration with HEA Team and other concerned departments at National Office, to formulate and lead the team for designing full project proposal based on the approved concept note. The design phase will be for three months, tentatively from June until August, 2012.
To manage implementation, monitoring & evaluation of the project when the project is approved; the expected project’s lifespan is October 2012 to March 2015.
- A university degree or equivalent experience in disaster risk reduction/climate change adaptation, or related field, preferably at Master’s level.
- A minimum of three years experience in senior management positions within NGO working in both disaster risk reduction/climate change adaptation and/or development in Vietnam.
- Strong command of report and proposal writing in English and Vietnamese.
- High networking and diplomacy skills.
- Strong project design, planning, management, monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Sound understanding on disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation.
- Willing to travel extensively and cover difficult assignments.
- Requires ability to adjust to harsh living conditions.
- Strong social mobilization and team building skills.
- Reasonable knowledge and skills in social research, participatory facilitation
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- World Vision Vietnam is a Christian non-government organization. Applicants having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.