Tetra Tech ARD, a leading international development consulting firm based in Burlington, Vermont and Washington, D.C., is currently accepting expressions of interest from highly qualified Chief of Party (COP) candidates for a USAID-funded biodiversity project in the Philippines.
The project has as its core objectives:
• conserve biodiversity in forest areas,
• reduce forest degradation in targeted priority watersheds,
• build capacity to conserve biodiversity, manage forests, and support low emissions development.
The COP will be responsible for leading all technical, financial and administrative aspects of the program and will coordinate closely with USAID in developing, implementing, and revising the project’s overall field strategy. The COP will be the principal link between USAID, Tetra Tech ARD, and other partners and provide overall strategic and technical guidance to subcontractors. The COP will provide comprehensive expert technical oversight and guidance in all aspects of the program, including monitoring and evaluation, and reporting to USAID. This position will be based, in Manila, with some travel throughout the Philippines.
• Exceptional managerial and operational experience in international development, preferably experience in managing complex, multi-national/regional activities involving coordination with multiple program partner institutions.
• Previous experience with watershed or natural resources management programs in Philippines an advantage.
• Subject matter expertise in biodiversity, disaster risk reduction, and capacity building is recommended.
• Exceptional written and oral communications skills in English.
• Familiarity with the political, social, and cultural context of working in the Philippines is a strong plus.
• Proven ability to develop strong collaborative working relationships with counterparts, other implementers and international organizations and donors;
• Minimum of a Masters degree in watershed management, water resources management, forestry, land use planning, biodiversity conservation, climate change, or a related subject.