ORGANIZER(S): National Disaster Management Agency
Type: Training Course Date: 10 - 11 Feb 2011 Location: Gambia Venue: Baobab Holiday Restored
The National Disaster Management Agency (NDMA) organized an Advocacy Training Workshop on Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) for the Media and Security Services including the Private Security from February 10th to 11th at the Baobab Holiday Restored. The fund for the training was provided by the Government of The Republic of China on Taiwan.
The main objective of the training workshop was to enhance the capacities of the media and security services on Disaster Risk Reduction through training on advocacy planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting system.
The workshop provided the opportunity for the resource persons and participants alike to share and discuss on the following topics:
• The Hyogo Framework for Action (HFA) and other regional Frameworks
• Mainstreaming DRR into Development
• Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation- the link
• Linking DRR to PRSP, Gambia’s Vision 2020, MDGs and UNDAF
• DRR Best Practices from the Sub-Region
• Role of Government and None State Actors on DRR Best Practices
• Overview of the NDMA Policy.
Event website: http://www.ndma.gm
Short URL: http://www.preventionweb.net/go/23383