- Source(s): Climate Communication
- Publication date: 2012
- Author(s): Trenberth, Kevin; Meehl, Jerry; Masters, Jeff; Somerville, Richard
- Number of pages: 13p.
A report about the current scientific understanding of the connection between climate change and the recent increase in extreme temperatures, as reported in peer-reviewed research articles published through May 2012. Issues addressed: (i) heat waves: the details; and (ii) heat waves and wild fires.
- Themes:Climate Change, Environment
- Hazards:Heat Wave, Wild Fire
- Countries/Regions:Europe, Australia, Russian Federation, United States of America