- Documents and publications
Tackling climate change with nature-based solutions in Bangladesh
This paper addresses the challenges of tackling climate change with nature-based solutions (NbS) in Bangladesh. Lower income countries such as Bangladesh face severe climate threats such as floods, droughts, storms and heat waves, but conventional options such as hard flood defences can be unaffordable and unsustainable.
The paper makes the following recommendations for policymakers. Integrate support for nature-based solutions (NbS) into government policy, focusing on four key success factors.
- Participatory delivery of NbS involving all stakeholders.
- Strong and transparent governance.
- Provision of secure finance and land tenure
- Systematic monitoring of outcomes for people and biodiversity, in line with good practice guidelines.