Number of pages
This report covers the human, structural and economic losses from disasters all over the world in March 2019.
Findings in this global catastrophe report include:
- The anticipated global cost of flooding events in March 2019 amounts to USD 8 billion.
- Cyclone Idai has caused infrastructural damage of USD 1 billion in Mozambique alone, with 1,100 deaths in Southern Africa.
- A wildfire in the Australian state of Victoria damaged or destroyed roughly 100 properties in Bunyip State Park. The Insurance Council of Australia declared an insurance catastrophe, with at least 365 claims already filed. Total insured losses have approached AUD 20 million (USD 14 million). Overall economic losses are even higher.
- Extensive U.S. flooding led to a multi-billion-dollar impact in the Missouri and Mississippi River Basins.
- Windstorm Eberhard is poised to become the costliest event of the 2018/19 season in Europe.