Mission statement: Building safer and sustainable communities by overcoming poverty and disaster risks.
Increasing community resilience to disasters through effective preparedness, risk reduction and timely response during disasters
Acceleration of disaster preparedness through the IDR training focusing on: 1. Preparedness 2. Risk mapping and reduction 3. Effective emergency response
Promoting networking and information sharing by Mobilizing, expanding and coordinating the ADRRN Africa Disaster Reduction and Response Network...being an affiliate of the global level IDRN International Disaster Response Network....
Global Relief works to overcome poverty and disasters through six key programs:
1. Disaster reduction and response
2. Poverty reduction
3. Water and hygiene
4. Community healthcare
5. Peace building and reconciliation
6. Integral Mission
1. Micah Network; a global coalition of 600+ Christian relief and development organizations serving in 81 countries.
2. IDRN ; International Disaster Response Network. A global level network of majorly private sector actors for disaster preparedness and response
3. GNDR ; Global Network for Disaster Reduction.
4. CBD NGO Forum; a coalition of community based civil society organizations in Nigeria.
5. PPPN; Plateau Peace Practitioners Network: coalition of peace building organizations in plateau state Nigeria.
6. CRUDAN; Christian Rural & Urban Development Association of Nigeria.
7. Micah Challenge Nigeria: coalition of organization in Nigeria driving the country campaign of Micah Challenge International; a global campaign to hold world governments accountable for achieving the MDGs by 2015.
Driving local , national and regional awareness to get majorly private sector stakeholders to own responsibility for ensuring DRR is a priority...
Key to this is mobilizing businesses, schools, NGOs, communities and other governmental institutions to prioritize on DRR
using knowledge, innovation and education to build a culture of safety and resilience through the IDR trainings
Strong focus to build a national and regional infrastructure for disaster preparedness and response. Training and propositioning well ahead of disasters...
Coordinating effective emergency assistance to people affected by disasters as well as initiating sustainable recovery of communities from disaster impacts..
Business empowerment for job creation to help reduce poverty and economic vulnerability