IBARCA's mission is to innovate in cooperation and entrepreneurship incorporating the culture of risk to adapt society to the effects of climate change and others natural and anthropogenic events.
IBARCA's general strategy is based on the use of knowledge, innovation and education to build a culture of safety and resilience at all levels following the Priority for Action of UN Hyogo Framework for Action 2005-2015: Building the Resilience of Nations and Communities to Disasters.
Program Climate Information is Your Right!
- Framing an integrated approach regarding risk awareness, assessment and management to be applied in vulnerable locations.
- Using Brazil's Access to Information Act to increase database, especially regarding areas with vulnerability maps already concluded.
- Analysis and dissemination of information through IBARCA’s Blog and Twitter.
- Organization of Seminar Houses in Risk Area, Climate Change and Democratization of Information: mobilizing partnerships, in partnership with Radio Z FM and Article19.
- Community empowerment through on site dialogues and participation in community radio programs
- Lecture on 'Adaptation to the effects of climate change: a necessity, during the Academic Congress of Biological and Environmental Technology Management at Methodist University of São Paulo.
- Definition of the technical content and systematization of the results of the Seminar 'Climate Change in Urban Areas: vulnerability, impacts and adaptation', held at Polis Institute.
- Organizing and conducting two workshops in Klimaforum09 activities during the events of the civil society at COP-15 in Copenhagen.
Filed Actions that enables IBARCA:
- to understand local reality after an extreme event;
- to collect information and images on the field;
- to identify local partners and community leaders in priority locations.
Vicente Manzione Filho and Silvio Barone