PGVS states its mission as mobilization of the community to have critical thinking and action for developmental issues. PGVS is also committed to emergency voluntary action in disaster situations.
Adaptive risk reduction programme in North India, Phase II with the support of Oxfam, India.
Vulnerability reduction of excluded community through CBDRR and humanitarian advocacy.
Emergency relief program (Support Christian Aid)
- Associate Member HAP
- National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA),
Government of India
1) Establish trans-border community based early warning system between communities in India and Nepal along the Karnali river in Nepal and Ghaghra River in India - as pilot project
2) develop local community based institutions capacities to have disaster prepared plan with strong upstream and downstream linkage.
3) develop formal and informal communication channels for communities in India to access early warning in upstream in Nepal.
4) strongly advocate for having effective community based early warning system across two (India and Nepal) countries
The project mitigating risks from Flood through CBDRR in 11 Gram panchayat in 20 villages of Jangle Kauria, Distt. Gorakhpur, developing practical tools to facilitate mainstreaming of risk reduction measures in government WASH (water, Sanitation and Hygiene) programme. improved preparedness and humanitarian response, awareness generation and advocacy around Government Poverty Alleviation Programs social safety nets ensure that vulnerable communities are better able to deal with disaster. Target group includes Dalit, Other Backward cast, Minorities families.
PGVS is implementing this project in block Triveniganj in Suapul district and Beldaur block in distt. Khagadia, Bihar. The major goals of this program are to ensure that disaster risk reduction is a national and local priority with strong institutional basis for implementation, Identify, assess and monitor disaster risks and enhance early warning, Strengthen disaster preparedness for effective response and use knowledge, innovation and education to build a culture of safety and resilience at all levels.