Preparedness for effective response (HFA 5)
- Encouraging community organization by creating local emergency committees as well as local committees for the storage and conservation of subsistence resources (emergency barns to ensure food security, water committees, committees for the control of early warning systems);
- Creation of contingency and coordination plans while supporting the development of communication systems that should be tested by simulations;
- Training of institutions (municipalities, emergency organizations, bodies in charge of environmental management, etc.) on the response to emergencies and land management, creating groups for damage assessment, needs assessment and risk management, either it be anthropic or natural;
- Creating and strengthening emergency operation committees at different intitutional level (church, municipal, provincial/departmental and regional levels) by providing tools and equipment, know-how transfer and material for awareness;
- Supporting institutions in DRR oriented land use planning and managament, identifying vulnerable groups and resources to be protected;
- Supporting the creation of emergency warehouses and control systems to manage the flow of goods in emergencies;
- Promoting corporate social responsibility, supporting inventory of companies having logistical skills and stimulating agreements that ensure normalization of prices in case of crisis.