Oxfam’s vision is a just world without poverty. We envision a world in which people can influence decisions which affect their lives, enjoy their rights, and assume their responsibilities as full citizens of a world in which all human beings are valued and treated equally.
Disaster Reduction Goal
Women and men caught up in conflicts and disasters will be protected from harm and receive impartial and effective help including access to food, water, shelter and public health and hygiene education.
To achieve this goal, we support programs that:
- Increase investment in disaster risk reduction and mitigation, including better integration into our livelihoods programs;
- Increase investment in humanitarian advocacy to address the underlying causes of vulnerability and more effectively influence the performance of the international humanitarian system;
- Improve planning and preparation for emergency responses, including the ability of staff, partners, allies and governments to respond;
- Improve the performance, accountability and quality of our humanitarian work, ensuring meaningful accountability to beneficiaries;
- Strengthen women’s leadership and participation in planning and implementing humanitarian response and advocacy;