The Global Risk Forum GRF Davos promotes the worldwide exchange of know-how and expertise, creates solutions and fosters good practices in integrative risk management and climate change adaptation. Aiming for an improved understanding, assessment and management of disasters and risks that affect human safety, security, health, the environment, critical infrastructures, the economy and society at large.
Disaster Reduction Goal
- To bridge the gap between science and practice
- To promote the worldwide exchange of know-how and experience
- To target solutions and promote good practice in integrative risk management and climate change adaptation for an improved understanding, assessment and management of disasters and risks that affect human safety, security, health, the environment, critical infrastructures, the economy and society at large
- To provide and manage a network for decision-makers, practitioners and experts from politics, government, IGOs, business, science, NGOs, media and the public
Membership in Key Networks
- PEDRR-Partnership for Environment and Disaster Reduction
- Swiss NGO DRR Platform
- Making Cities Resilient Partner
- ECOSOC observer status
- UNFCCC observer status
- Harbin Alliance
- Nairobi work programme on impacts, vulnerability and adaptation to climate change (NWP)
Making disaster risk reduction a policy priority, institutional strengthening (HFA 1)
GRF Davos provides through the IDRC conferences and workshops a multi-sectoral platform for disaster risk reduction e.g. practitioners and scientific experts from politics, government, IGOs, business, science, NGOs, media and the public.
Risk assessment and early warning systems (HFA 2)
GRF Davos undertakes risk analysis and assessments within the Integrative Risk Management approach. Focussing on all phases of the Disaster Risk Cycle, prevention, preparedness, intervention and recovery. GRF Davos supports early warning projects and consults their implementation.
Education, information and public awareness (HFA 3)
The Risk Academy forms the knowledge sharing and know-how transfer instrument of GRF Davos. It is the Risk Academy’s primary focus to enable know-how transfer from science to practice as well as to the public. Disaster and risk management and climate change adaptation are lacking in applicable know-how. The Risk Academy will help bridge this gap by organizing various events, education courses, trainings, workshops etc.
Reducing underlying risk factors (HFA 4)
GRF Davos fosters the usage of ecosystem based Disaster Risk Reduction approaches, promotes climate change adaptation techniques. GRF Davos is an ambassador to the ONE HEALTH approach promoting an integrated approach to public health, reflecting the interconnectedness of a larger ecological system.
Preparedness for effective response (HFA 5)
GRF Davos is contributing towards the development of more effective risk communication strategies as well as the improvement of trainings for first responders and strategic crisis managers.
Making Cities Resilient Campaign Activities
GRF Davos actively promotes the Making Cities Resilient Campaign supporting cities and communities to sign up to the MCR campaign. GRF Davos incorporates the Essentials of the MCR Campaign into its Training Courses in Risk Management and facilitates workshops on the MCR Handbook and the Local Government Self Assessment Tool.
Promenade 35 7270 Davos Platz Switzerland
GP 2013 delegation
GP 2011 delegation
GP 2009 delegation
Conferences: - UNISDR Science and Technology Conference
- 2019 Global Platform