The American Institute of Physics (AIP) seeks to advance, promote, and serve the physical sciences for the benefit of humanity. With its Member Societies, it expands the impact and enhances the stature of the physical sciences.
- Promotes the physical sciences through effective communication, education, and policy initiatives.
- Furnishes trusted information, ideas, and evidence-based recommendations to scientists, educators, government and the public.
- Convenes groups and individuals across the physical sciences and beyond to solve challenges for the benefit of society and the advancement of science.
- Develops and sustain a diverse community of leaders who expand the impact that fundamental and applied research has on society.
- Collects, preserves, and makes available physical science knowledge and the history of the discipline.