PLACARD’s (PLAtform for Climate Adaptation and Risk reDuction) mission is to be the recognised platform for dialogue, knowledge exchange and collaboration between the Climate Change Adaptation (CCA) and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) communities. In the large and complex landscape of stakeholder networks, research, policy initiatives and information sources, the PLACARD hub will enhance the coherence of and give direction to CCA and DRR research, policy and practices, strengthening cooperation and countering fragmentation between the domains.
The programme seek to establish a comprehensive coordination and knowledge exchange platform for multi-stakeholder dialogue and consultation to address gaps and fragmentation challenges, and support the development and implementation of an evidence base for research and innovation policies.
Specifically, PLACARD aims to:
- Establish a network of networks of CCA and DRR stakeholder groups and initiatives at the international, European, national and sub-national scales;
- Create a common ‘space’ to facilitate dialogue and consultation among stakeholders and initiatives;
- Design effective science, policy and practice dialogues;
- Take stock of the CCA and DRR decision-making context;
- Facilitate and guide knowledge exchange and mobilisation between CCA and DRR;
- Strengthen CCA and DRR institutions and give direction to policy-practice agendas;
- Streamline the dissemination and implementation of ongoing and evolving research and innovation activities on CCA and DRR across scales.