"To enable men and women achieve their leadership and frontliner role in the field of Disaster Risk Management in changing climate especially focusing on Business Continuity and Contingency; and raise awareness, knowledge dissemination, and mainstreaming Disaster Risk Management in every aspect of the community from local to national levels."
A privately-owned institution of higher learning, PSBA conducts instructional programs exclusively in business education. It is a member of the Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities and the Philippine Association of Collegiate Schools of Business.
Disaster Reduction Goal
- Develop and support a formal education program on DRM for current and future community leaders.
- Support and improve existing DRM Unit Programs, Projects, and Research Activities.
- Organize Local and International DRM-related Seminars, Symposia, Workshops, Training Programs, and similar activities, predominantly on Business Continuity and Contingency Planning.
- Offer short certificate courses for leaders, advocates, and professionals involved in DRM and Climate Change Adaptation (CCA) of their respective communities.
- Create face-to-face and online venues for peer-to-peer knowledge sharing, participatory process, and open dialogue of local leaders, advocates, and professionals involved in DRM and CCA.
Policies and Programmes in DRR
- PSBA-Manila MBA-DRM Program: The MBA-DRM program is a formal education program accredited by CHED offered in PSBA-Manila as a first of its kind in the Philippines. This participatory and practice-oriented program trains students to become future disaster managers who will create DRM plans and programs for their communities and workplaces with their capacity to work and link with public and private sectors in sharing, disseminating, and mainstreaming DRM in every functions of the community.
Membership in Key Networks
- Global Alliance of Disaster Research Institutes (GADRI)
- Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN)
- Asian Cities Climate Change Resilience Network (ACCCRN)