Working with the disadvantaged people for their dignity and progress through Relief and Development Programs.
To reduce the risk of natural and man-made disasters and build the resilience of vulnerable communities in 14 hazard prone districts in five diocese of Pakistan.
1. Community Based Disaster Risk Management (CBDRM)
2. Prevention & Mitigation for flood affected communities
3. Community Based Disaster Preparedness (CBDP)
Caritas Pakistan selected DRR as thematic area and has established DRR department at National level and regional (diocesan) level.
Caritas Pakistan conducted detailed hazard, vulnerability and risk assessment in 14 disaster prone districts of Pakistan. The process of comprehensive early warning systems has been initiated in all 84 villages
DRR program is being implemented in coordination with all relevant stakeholders and information is shared at all level.
Caritas Pakistan launched tree plantation campaign and planted over 50000 plants secondly 17000 mangroves planted in 15 hectares land in coastal areas of Karachi.
Caritas Pakistan has establihsed community based disaster preparedness systems and based on it has established Emergency Response Team (ERT) at National and Diocesan level
1. Selection of First Respondent Volunteers (FRV)s
2. Conduct hazard, vulnerability and capacity assessment at village level
3. Formation of DMCs
4. Training/sessions with DMCs and First Respondent Volunteers (FRV) on CBDRM
5. Advance trainings for Master trainers/Volunteers
6. Provision of Emergency Response Kit to DMCs
7. Establishment of Community Early Warning Systems
8. Social mobilization/mass scale awareness on CBDRM
9. Village Disaster Management Plan
10. Advocacy Initiatives (Events, consultation, Material)
11. Construction/rehabilitation of community infrastructures schemes
12. Consultation with government forest department
13. Environment friendly tree plantation campaign
Mr. Amjad Gulzar (Executive Director
Mr. Nadeem Yousaf (National Coordinator Disaster Risk Reduction)