Disaster Reduction Goal
Keidanren established Committee on Risk Management and Committee on National Resilience to deepen its commitment to disaster prevention and reduction. Toward more resilient society, Keidanren has encouraged its members to prepare against disaster at ordinary times and taken strong initiatives with government through many proposals etc.
Support PSP activites to promote all Five Essentials for Business in Disaster Risk Reduction:
1. Promote and develop public-private partnerships for disaster risk reduction to analyze the root causes of continued non-resilient activity.
2. Leverage sectoral private sector expertise and strengths to advance disaster risk reduction and mitigation activities, including enhanced resilience and effective response.
3. Foster a collaborative exchange and dissemination of data: Share information on assessment, monitoring, prediction, forecasting and early warning purposes and action between the public and private sectors.
4. Support national and local risk assessments and socio-economic cost-benefit analyses and capacity-building, and demonstrate opportunities where resilience building and disaster risk reduction is a sound economic strategy, with attractive returns and competitive advantages.
5. Support the development and strengthening of national and local laws, regulations, policies and programmes that enhance disaster risk reduction and improve resilience.