National Center for Research on Earthquake Engineering (NCREE) links researchers and practicing professionals to build interdisciplinary knowledge and expertise using a variety of computational and experimental facilities in earthquake-related fields. Thus, NCREE engages in basic and applied researches that resolve critical seismic engineering issues. Due to the needs on pre-earthquake preparedness, emergency response, and post-earthquake recovery, the center brings together national academic resources, implements integrated research projects and develops enabling technologies for earthquake hazard mitigation.
- To advance experimental and numerical simulation technologies: Construct and maintain the worldclass experimental facilities. Provide hardware, software and technical support to national and international researchers and practitioners on earthquake engineering simulations.
- To develop and apply earthquake loss estimation technologies: Develop and enhance the Taiwan Earthquake Loss Estimation System (TELES) software for advancement of seismic disaster scenario simulation technologies.
- To develop seismic design, evaluation and retrofit technologies: Advance seismic design, evaluation and retrofit technologies and code provisions for buildings and bridges to ensure structural resilience, and mitigate life and property losses during earthquakes.
- To develop state-of-the-art seismic technologies: Conduct researches on innovative, environmentfriendly, and intelligent construction materials, technologies, and systems.
- To promote educational outreach and consolidation of earthquake knowledge: Consolidate earthquake research findings, disseminate earthquake engineering and hazard mitigation knowledge to enhance earthquake awareness and public capability of emergency responses.