Facilitating empowerment of local community to strive to improve the quality of life of persons with disabilities in their community sustainable.
Disaster Reduction Goal
To reduce risk of disaster through community based approach.
Policies and Programmes in DRR
To promote participation of local people in the CB-DiDRR especially the most vulnerable persons.
Membership in Key Networks
Local hospital, local government and leaders, CBR volunteers
Making disaster risk reduction a policy priority, institutional strengthening (HFA 1)
- Include CB-DiDRR in the project activities of DVF.
Risk assessment and early warning systems (HFA 2)
- provide functional exercise for community leaders.
Education, information and public awareness (HFA 3)
- Provide training on CB-DiDRR to people in community with high risk areas.
Reducing underlying risk factors (HFA 4)
- Dissemination of information on disaster risk facors through community radio broadcast, website, leaflets and integarated this information into some community social gathering and training.
Preparedness for effective response (HFA 5)
- Meeting with local authority and leaders to present the importance of CB-DiDRR.
- Find way to discuss with local people to present facts and VDO clips on the dangerous of disaster.
-Organize information meeting for the existing networks of DVF to share experience and knowledge re DRR, and encourage each participant to do DRR advocy in their own place of works.
Disaster Risk Reduction Focal Point(s)
Inclusion of volunerable persons