- To establish network of disaster management practitioners.
- To develop and offer regional level training courses/workshops.
- To maintain a technical expert database inside Pakistan and around the world.
To empowering disaster resilient communities through education, research and awareness
Trainings on DRR
- Research on DRR
- Disaster Risk Assessment by using GIS and Remote Sensing
1-Asian Disaster Preparedness Centre (ADPC)
2-Provincial Disaster Management Authority Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan
Trained PDMA KP officers at DDMA and other district level officers in four courses on DRR.
Implementing a 07 month project on Multi Hazard Vulnerability and Risk Assessment (MHVRA) at two levels, one at macro level for whole Sindh Province and other at micro level for five selected districts in Sindh Province i.e. Badin, Thatta, Mirpur Khan, Tando Allahyar and Tando Muhammad Khan. The outcome of the project will be a web portal for all stakeholders to download the data from the website. The project is handled by NDMA and funding support is from WFP, Pakistan. Asian Disaster Preparedness Center Thailand is key partner for implementation of the project.
Conduct a VCA for selected villages at Muzaffargh and develop a detail report of the VCA outcome. The project is funded by WHH and implementing partner is Doaba Foundation
Develop training toolkit on DRR, CBDRR,
- Health Focused CBDRR training toolkit
- Conduct series of trainings on DRR and CBDRR to develop awareness and buid the capacities of the stakeholders in different provinces
Develop IEC material on various aspects of the DRR
Conducting personnel and individual trainings for general awareness about DRR tools and measures.
Falak Nawaz, Chief Executive Officer
Network of Disaster Management Practitioners (NDMP)
House #: 736, Street 82, I-8/4, Islamabad PAKISTAN