The basic aim of the EVCPF is to organise the exchange of experiences related to the implementation of voluntary civil protection tasks connecting to the preparation for and management of disasters and to the reduction of the consequences.
Disaster Reduction Goal
Principal aims are:
- facilitation of the increase of the efficiency of the fulfillment of population protection tasks, in cooperation with governmental civil protection organizations,
- facilitation of the development of the exchange of experiences in the field of the education and advancement of the civil protection knowledge of the youth,
- furtherance of the exchange of international experiences in relation to the operational activity of the organizations in disaster situations,
development of cooperation with the competent agencies of the European Union,
- promotion of the implementation of close cooperation with governmental civil protection organs,
- cooperation and exchange of experiences in the field of civil protection scientific activity,
dissemination of experiences of the non-governmental civil protection organizations of the Western-Balkan States,
- facilitation of the establishment of voluntary organizations in countries where, at present, no such organizations exist.