CFDRR is a group of professionals having served in different capacities in UN organizations in sustainable developmetn and climate change with a primary focuson different aspects of disaster risk management.
- Risk awareness
- Hands-on training for confidence building
- Syncing disaster management plans
- CFDRR programs are conducted with stakeholders with the aim of fulfilling HFA goals
- Local interventions with HFA perspective
- Community preparedness
- Solution Exchange
- GRF, Davos
Making disaster risk reduction a policy priority, institutional strengthening
to ensure that DRR is a priority we focus of institutionalising DRR by linking it with the devlopment plan.For example while making State DM Plans we linked them with the Devlopment Plan of the State.
Risk assessment and early warning systems
risk assessment is done by interaction with the stakeholders and GIS for example:in Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine ,in several districts on Maharashtra
Education, information and public awareness
- By involving the community from the beginning in "
identifying their risks"
and hereby carying out the tailored training program we aim at creating :
interest amongst the people and hence spread public awareness on te same
Reducing underlying risk factors
- through our trainin we try to explain how thr building there capacity underlying risks are reduced for example: taking simple measures of preparedness major losses are averted
Preparedness for effective response
Our Forte is "preparedness" of the community for effective response that would minimise losses.
The idea is to:
-build the cofidence of the community to act
- arrest the immediate situation till professional hep arrives
Dr. Swati Mitra