To imbibe the culture of resiliency and preparedness to the people of the City which will facilitate the development of a well-prepared, independent, conscientious citizenry against disasters imbued with deep-sense of altruism for others and their community employing a proactive and significant participation in endeavors – in line with the City’s vision – to maintain and sustain the resiliency of the City of Dagupan by living the city’s slogan “Our City, Our Shared Responsibility”.
Disaster Reduction Goal
To promote the quality of life of every Dagupeńo through integrating community-based emergency preparedness and disaster risk reduction measures at the community level.
Policies and Programmes in DRR
- Executive Order No. 4 Series of 2011 (Organizing and Strengthening the Dagupan City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council).
- Resolution No. 5469-2006 (Resolution Declaring July 16 of Every Year as ‘Dagupan City Disaster Preparedness Day’)
- City Ordinance No. 1908-2007 (Ordinance Creating the Emergency Operations Center of Dagupan City and Providing Funds Therefore).
Membership in Key Networks
- International Council for Local Environmental Initiative- Governments for Sustainability
- Prevention Web – UNDRR
Making disaster risk reduction a policy priority, institutional strengthening (HFA 1)
- Creation and annual update of the CDRRMC Plan and the BDRRMC Plan.
- Signing of Memorandum of Agreement between the City and the Philippine Navy to institutionalize their partnership in disaster response and other disaster mitigation and reduction programs.
Risk assessment and early warning systems (HFA 2)
- Execution of Tsunami Early Warning System Training for Barangay (Community) Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Councils (CBDRRMCs) and School Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Councils (SDRRMCs).
- Installation of Tsunami Early Warning System in coastal communities.
- Oplan (Operation) Baywatch implemented during holidays and festivities.
- Conduct of Dagupan City Rapid Earthquake Damage Assessment System (REDAS) Project.
Education, information and public awareness (HFA 3)
- Implementation of school-based emergency preparedness and capacity building projects. (i.e. The annual Citywide Simultaneous Earthquake Drill (July 16th) and the installation of school earthquake evacuation maps in all public elementary and secondary schools in the City).
- Enactment of Collapsed Structure Search and Rescue (CSSR) training (Graduates of this training became the members of the CSSR Team of the City).
- Execution of General First Aid and Basic Life Support Training (for BDRRMCs, Collapsed Structure Search and Rescue Team, Water Search and Rescue Team and SDRRMCs. A total of 183 licensed first aiders were produced by this activity).
- Replication of visits from other Local Government Units (LGUs).
- Exchange of knowledge and sharing of best practices with other LGUs.
Reducing underlying risk factors (HFA 4)
- Conduct of vulnerability assessment in the City.
- Acquisition of hazard maps from national mapping agencies
Preparedness for effective response (HFA 5)
- Establishment of CSSR Team.
- Constant capacity-building for the Dagupan CDRRMC First Aid Team that graduated from the General First Aid and Basic Life Support Training.
- Establishment of Water Search and Rescue (WASAR) Team.
Disaster Risk Reduction Focal Point(s)
- Community-based risk disaster reduction and management
- School-based disaster risk reduction and management
- Flood and early warning system
CDRRMC Official Facebook page-