HazAware is a not-for-profit organisation which aims to provide community-based training focusing on assisting those in vulnerable communities, who are threatened by local hazards.
1. Improve community knowledge regarding the local environment and hazards
2. Increase community resilience to mitigate disaster impacts
3. Enable communities to engage in sustainable hazard management
Preparedness, prevention and planning
Association of Geographic Information and Institute of Environmental Sciences
- Work with local governments to embed humanitarian and natural hazard information and emergency plans
- desktop risk assessments
- provide bespoke lectures and tabletop exercises
- design school curriculums
- build and review contigency plans to reduce risk
-build local resilience through educations
By using education and knowledge-shares, HazAware strives to build resilient communities.