The Ministry shall aim at developing water resources on the basis of the approach of integrated water resources management; providing clean drinking water and sanitation services, allocating water for other uses; and protecting the environment from pollution and desertification, conserving natural resources and rationalizing their exploitation; all through the adoption and enforcement of relevant legislations; implementation of awareness-raising programs; encouragement of local communities, non¬governmental organizations and other civil society organization, private sector and women to participate in efforts to reform water and environment conditions in a way that is conducive to the improvement of public health and alleviation of poverty and unemployment.
Disaster Reduction Goal
1. Contribute to preparation of national plans to public and environmental disasters.
2. Define activities and locations likely to be subject to environmental disasters resulting from human intervention or natural factors, and coordinate with bodies concerned with natural resources and environmental protection in establishing a database there for.
3. Contribute to establishing environmental safety rules and criteria in industrial and other activities with hazardous impact on the environment and take part in building and development of an early monitoring and warning system concerning activities leading to environmental disasters.
4. Contribute to building capacities of the concerned agencies to face environmental emergencies, accidents and disasters.
5. Propose establishing mechanism for assessing damages and impacts resulting from environmental accidents and disasters and define necessary measures for redressing them.
6. Propose national, regional and international partnership programs for cooperation in facing environmental accidents and disasters.
7. Participate in raising public awareness of citizens in facing environmental accidents and disasters.
8. Any other tasks required by the nature' of its functions or assigned by the Minister
Disaster Risk Reduction Focal Point(s)
DG Of Environmental Emergencies&Disasters
Ministry of Water & Environment
HFA Focal Point