Policies and Programmes in DRR
The DRR programme for Health Sector is based on the MoH 3 main strategies.Three main strategies:
1) Strategy 1: Reducing Hazard
Through Risk Mapping and Analysis, conclusion of Contingency Operational Plans and to monitor the implementation using standard benchmarks at all provinces, districts and health facilities in Indonesia.
2) Strategy 2: Reducing Vulnerabilities
By creating operational units at central, regional, provincial and district levels with the overall goal of ensuring safe community at village levels.
3) Strategy 3: Increasing Capacity
By enacting policies, regulations supported by guidelines and standard operating procedures (SOP), establishing standard national training courses and strengthening coordination and networking among different players.
Targets to achieve by 2015:
1. Risk Reduction Plan developed and utilized by 560 districts & municipalities;
2. Crisis Centers in 33 provinces established and operational;
3. Emergency information units upgraded and operational in 560 districts & municipalities;
4. Safe community approach strengthened in 446 districts;
5. Health facilities and hospitals mitigated and prepared in 560 districts & municipalities;
6. At least 50 % of health staff trained on emergency and disaster management;
7. Interactive DRR Programme website and E-educational programme fully functional and connected with international agencies and institutes;
8. Integrated surveillance and outbreak control system established and operational in 560 districts & municipalities;
9. Health sector/ cluster coordination operational in all provinces