The mission of YIAB is to contribute to the education of young people, through a value system based, to help build a better world where people are self-fulfilled as individuals and play a constructive role in society.
Disaster Reduction Goal
To enhance the capacity of government, non state actor and communities through capacity building and service delivery to respond in any disaster
Policies and Programmes in DRR
Emergency Response and Preparedness
School DRR Programme
School Safety Programme
Community DRR Project
Membership in Key Networks
Inter agency network for education in emergencies
Disaster Reduction Focal Point(s)
Agha Mohsin Ali, Executive Director
Making disaster risk reduction a policy priority, institutional strengthening (HFA 1)
Institutional strengthening of NGOs, Govt. and communities
Risk assessment and early warning systems (HFA 2)
High Level Vulnerability Assessment, Preparation of plans
Education, information and public awareness (HFA 3)
Capacity building, Awareness Raising
Preparedness for effective response (HFA 5)
Preparedness and response
A sustainable strategy is devised to achieve the maximum, a need based and right based approach initiated ascertains the problem with fully community involvement and mobilizing all indigenous and local resources. The program goal are materialized with a helping hand from members donor agencies, Philanthropists
Thematic Programme / Areas of Focus
Community Physical Infrastructures
Emergency Response and Preparedness
Free Legal Aid and Education
The overall development objective of (YIAB) is enhanced ability in the target communities to tackle their own economic, social and environmental problems for sustainable community development.
1. To educate the deprived and under privilege common folk about the basic human rights and find basis to incorporate their efforts and mobilization to achieve maximum output
2. To enable the community in development of local level institutions and assist them in undertaking community based welfare and development interventions.
3. To Provide quality legal assistance to juvenile victims of sexual abuse, exploitation and trafficking, especially street children in conflict with law and children in detention, vulnerable to sexual abuse
4. To provide a place for students to relax and enjoy an inexpensive, healthy meal in a fun atmosphere. Youth in Action Baluchistan also makes itself available to student groups for meetings and special events
5. Promote Gender equality.
6. To devise and organize for women and children particularly to their rights to acquire educations and improve their health and earnings.
7. To ensure full participation of local level grassroots organizations in decision making process including problem identification, planning, management, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation aimed at sustainability
8. To facilitate easy access to credit and motivate communities for group saving leading towards small enterprise development and income generating activities aimed at economic empowerment.
9. To work for environmental protection, pollution abatement, water supply and hygienic sanitation.
10. To fight against drug abuse and launching programmes aimed at rehabilitation of drug addicts
11. To establish a resource centre aimed at facilitating target communities and local level institutions through information, education and communication.
12. Assisting communities in disaster prediction and mitigation through various relief and rehabilitation programmes.
13. To develop effective linkages with government line agencies, nongovernment organizations, and donor agencies working for community development.
14. Human resource development and training aimed at skill enhancement and knowledge up gradation in order to ensure better implementation of participatory rural development programmes by community partners.
15. Conservation of natural resources, bio-diversity and environmental protection.
16. Implementation of programmes aimed at basic health care services (preventive and curative) including maternal health, child health, safe drinking water, hygienic sanitation, management of waste disposal, population welfare, immunization, etc. leading towards reduced mortality.
17. To establish new community schools and upgrade the existing ones in order to provide education facilities to those most in need with special focus on female child.
18. Implementation of women welfare and development programmes aimed at socio-economic empowerment of women through their participation in all developmental programmes.
19. Raising awareness of environmental issues through advocacy, networking, public interest litigation and education.
20. Organizing issue-specific and objective-oriented campaigns building social pressure to influence decision-making at national and international levels in favour of deprived, marginalized and vulnerable segments of the community.
Our Specific Objectives Includes:
1. To Provide quality legal assistance to juvenile victims of sexual abuse
2. Increased household income and economic activities.
3. Establish youth Group different area in Baluchistan.
4. To Provide Education Service (Umeed-E-SEHER Public School), Killi Rind Abad Quetta
5. To educate the deprived and under privilege common folk about the basic human rights and find basis to incorporate their efforts and mobilization to achieve maximum output.
6. Promote Gender equality.
7. Humanitarian assistance in natural and manmade disaster.
8. To devise and organize for women youth and children particularly to their rights to acquire educations and improve their health and earnings.
9. To increase the education of the target community for the betterment of their own subsistence.
10. To establish working relations amongst provincial government, bar councils and like-minded non-government organizations
11. Improve health conditions by providing basic health and hygiene education and services to the communities residing in neglected areas
What YIAB Does?
Influenced by the new development paradigm, which puts people before things, YIAB follows a participatory approach in every sphere of its work. The traditional knowledge of the rural poor is valued and respected, and there is confidence that rural people are capable of self-reliant organization. On a practical level, the fundamental thrust of this approach is decentralization and empowerment.
For a community to be able to work for its own development and reduce its dependency there is a need for full involvement at all stages of the development cycle. The participation of communities in identification, planning, management, implementation and evaluation of projects is a key factor in YIAB work. Internally a participatory approach is adopted in managing the affairs of YIAB.
Externally, YIAB role as a
Liaison Office: YIAB Office Mehmar Plaza First Floor Office # 1, Near First Micro Finance Bank Limited Model Town Quetta, +92 81 2823975 Head Office Address: Ward No. 3 Food Colony near WAPDA Office Dera Murad Jamali District Naseerabad Regional Office 87300 Quetta, Naseerabad, Jaffarabad, Jhal Magsi, Killa abdullah, Zhob and Lasbella Pakistan
Conferences: - 2017 Global Platform