To have constructive and effective efforts for the promotion and valorisation of the rural poor through financial assistance, education and training, through the use of participatory approaches especially in DRR and Climate Change activities.
We hope to have a Safer, adaptive and disaster resilient Cameroon communities which ofcourse is the very essence for sustainable development.
Disaster Reduction Goal
1. Integrating disaster risk reduction into socio?economic development planning and programmes. This requires the transfer of funds, technology and knowledge to the most vulnerable communities, through multi-stakeholder and multi-disciplinary collaboration and partnerships at all levels in Cameroon
2. Making disaster risk reduction an essential part of poverty reduction strategies and programmes which of course will protect and enrich the underprivileged.
3. Making schools, health facilities, water and sanitation infrastructure disaster resilient will protect access to universal education, and primary health and emergency care in Cameroon. It will ofcourse help lower infant mortality, improve maternal health, and safeguard efforts to eradicate major diseases like HIV/AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis.
4. Enhancing capacities of women and girls in DRR mitigation in Cameroon.
5. Ensure that City infrastructure and construction must be built on the results of sound risk assessments
for fear that rapid socio-economic gains are suddenly lost in disasters.
Membership in Key Networks
- The Cameroon League for Development has been granted OBSERVER STATUS by the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) with the Youth Constituency.
- Partner of Global Water Partnership (GWP).
- Member of the Commonwealth Youth Council.
- The Cameroon League for Development is a member of the Global Network of Civil Societies for Disaster Risk Reduction (GNDR).
- I was appointed GNDR Digital Advisor for Cameroon.
Education, information and public awareness (HFA 3)
We have been very vocal and active in the implementation of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction at Nations , regional and local levels.
Through the partnership we have with the Ministry of Secondary Education for Cameroon, it has enabled us to organize so many sensitization campaigns and public awareness in some government as well as private Secondary and High schools in Cameroon. It has enabled us to educate the students in what Disaster is and how it can be mitigated using very simple techniques.
We have also educated the masses through our invitation in the national radio of Cameroon as well as other local radios. We have been very present in the promotion of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction in Cameroon and the feedback from the masses has really been encouraging.
We have been sensitizing students in so many schools in Cameroon about the importance of first aid in the case of a disaster.
Making Cities Resilient Campaign Activities
We have been coaching and following up local councils to adhere to the Making Cities Resilient Campaign especially Yaounde 6 Municipality, Bamenda 2 Council, Bamenda 3 Council and somany others who are preparing to take up the challenge as resilience is everybody's business whether elected to serve in an office or not.
We have been following up with councils to enable them have contingency plans in a bit to reduce the impact and losses after a disaster because moving from the culture of reaction to that of prevention is of prime importance to us and all the municipalities we have been following up and coaching.
We have also advocating for the government of Cameroon and other African governments to implement the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction.
P.O. Box 31332 Biyem Assi Center Region 00237 Yaounde Cameroon
Conferences: - 5th AFRP
- UNISDR Science and Technology Conference
- 6th AFRP and 5th High-Level Meeting on DRR
- 2017 Global Platform