Disaster Reduction Goal
1. Integrating disaster risk reduction into socio‑economic development planning and programmes. This requires the transfer of funds, technology and knowledge to the most vulnerable communities, through multi-stakeholder and multi-disciplinary collaboration and partnerships at all levels in Cameroon
2. Making disaster risk reduction an essential part of poverty reduction strategies and programmes which of course will protect and enrich the underprivileged.
3. Making schools, health facilities, water and sanitation infrastructure disaster resilient will protect access to universal education, and primary health and emergency care in Cameroon. It will ofcourse help lower infant mortality, improve maternal health, and safeguard efforts to eradicate major diseases like HIV/AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis.
4. Enhancing capacities of women and girls in DRR mitigation in Cameroon.
5. Ensure that City infrastructure and construction must be built on the results of sound risk assessments
for fear that rapid socio-economic gains are suddenly lost in disasters.