Pujiono Centre is a not-for-profit knowledge organization established by Indonesian disaster management practitioners as new modalities, institutional arrangements, and a platform for acquiring, sharing, and disseminating knowledge on disaster and climate change to support evidence-based policy making in disaster management and climate change adaptation.
Pujiono Centre embodies the ambition to promote evidence-based policy making in disaster and climate risk reduction through provision of credible information for disaster policy making through high quality knowledge management.
Pujiono Centre’s mission is to proactively build effective multi-disciplinary and inter-sectoral knowledge sector of disaster management and climate change adaptation by expanding the capacities of practitioners and learners with innovations, methodologies, tools and services.
Disaster Reduction Goal
* To supply knowledge and continuous learning on disaster and climate risk reduction
* To develop capacities of government and CSO at all levels to plan, manage and improve the quality of disaster and climate risk reduction
* To support high quality monitoring and evaluation of disaster and climate risk reduction
* To promote evidence-based policy making through partnership with other knowledge organizations and policy makers.
Policies and Programmes in DRR
Roles In Disaster And Climate Risk Reduction
* supply knowledge on disaster and climate risk reduction;
* facilitate the dialogue between knowledge actors and policy makers; and
* provide technical assistance on policy, capacity building, programming, monitoring and evaluation.
* A platform for sharing and publication of global research, experience and expertise in disaster and climate risk reduction
* A stimulating arena for high quality debate on solution exchange in disaster and climate risk reduction
* A pool of technical resources for evidence gathering and program development around the themes of disaster and climate risk reduction
* A meeting place of potential beneficiaries, practitioners and donor programs
Membership in Key Networks
* Disaster Risk Reduction Platform - Special Region of Yogyakarta - (Forum Pengurangan Risiko Bencana Daerah Istimewa Yogyakarta).
* Merapi Resiliency Consortium (MRC) - Konsorsium Resiliensi Merapi.
Disaster Risk Reduction Focal Point(s)
F. Asisi S. Widanto - email@example.com