- CoAR is committed to support the process of community development through various programmatic and organizational interventions leading to creation of an enabling environment for communities to improve their living standard in consideration of protection mainstreaming policy.
- CoAR shall promote and protect the rights of all people who have been caught up in difficulties or forced to flee their place of origin due to conflicts throughout implementation of relevant projects regardless of their race, religion, nationality or political convictions.
Disaster Reduction Goal
- CoAR is working with others especially with communities to empower them and increase their Knowledge to cope with the disaster by themself .
-Since CoAR is the key member of Disaster Risk Reduction Consortium, and Asian Disaster Risk Response network, CoAR has developed its capacity in response to the needs related to DRR.
Policies and Programmes in DRR
- As CoAR is the Active member of Afghan National DRR platform ,so we are involved in all important meeting and decision making regarding DRR at country level
- CoAR's all section activitiese is designed based on the need to DRR that is approved on needs assement of certain areas.
Membership in Key Networks
CoAR is member of:
Afghan Network for Disaster Managemnt- ANDMA the organization on national level.
ACBAR: Agency for Coordination Body of Afghan Relief
AWN: Afghan Women Network
ANCB: Afghan NGOs Coordination Bureau
ADRRN: Asian Disaster Risk Response Network
HC: Huairou Commission
HAP: Humanitarian Accountability Partnership
DRRC: Disaster Risk Reduction Consortium
NCA: Norwegian Church Aid, as partner since 2006
Making disaster risk reduction a policy priority, institutional strengthening (HFA 1)
-CoAR is working with ANDMA and other Stakeholders to convince the Government of Afghanistan to give priority for DRR at policy level
- CoAR has implemented several project in response to the needs of DRR such as WASH, agricultural, Awanness, and etc
Risk assessment and early warning systems (HFA 2)
- CoAR has been actively involved in HFA progress assessment at country level which were propsed by UNDRR and GNDR
Education, information and public awareness (HFA 3)
- CoAR is implementing CBDRM model in difference provinces beside of that Established university wich will graduate students at bachelor level for DRR and established Gorbat Radio and TV forawarness in the filed of DRR
Reducing underlying risk factors (HFA 4)
- CoAR is implementing CBDRM model at community level which is very much important for the empowerment of people and the other hand Radio and TV broadcasting the DRR messages which is realy important to decrease their vulnerability and preapre them for response quickly .
Preparedness for effective response (HFA 5)
- As CoAR is Humanitarian country team member ,so we are working with ANDMA,NEPA,UN agencies ,National and International NGOs,IFRC,ACRS,Main donors,Embassies in Kabul to have proper plan for emergency response with i the country when and where the disaster happen.
- Establishment Unversity for DRR long term and short term education and establishment of Radio and TV station are the two important initiativefor the purpose of DIsaster Risk Reduction .
Making Cities Resilient Campaign Activities
- Gorbat Radio and TV always broadcoasting DRR related messages and sharing information to the whole poulation with in the country as well as in the region,so it means that we have already in volved in DRR compaign .