About the Role
This role is accountable for the implementation of the project and its activities and is responsible for establishing and managing processes for oversight and implementation as per CARE, World Bank and JSDF regulations. The Project Coordinator has responsibility for providing management, coordination, and technical support to the project, in particular regarding nutrition and behaviour change communications.
- Provide overall leadership, management and technical oversight of the project to ensure it achieves the highest standards of project quality, contractual compliance and quality reporting throughout the project cycle as per the Project Paper and budget;
- Provide oversight of the project Stakeholder Engagement Plan, Labour Management Procedures, Environment and Social Commitment Plan, Operations Manual and MEL framework;
- Provide oversight on effective implementation of activities and local partners including work planning, monitoring and evaluation frameworks and budgets;
- Provide technical support, or identify appropriate resources for nutrition and behaviour change initiatives;
- Oversee project expenditure, including developing appropriate costed work plans and budgets and identify and mitigate risks;
- Coordinate and document regular project meetings for planning and information sharing and progress;
- Develop clear presentations on project progress for sector working group meetings, information sharing with the Government of Timor-Leste, the World Bank and JSDF, and other relevant forums;
- Identify possible collaboration with other government and non-government agencies working in WASH, disaster risk management, health and nutrition and behaviour change communication to strengthen the scope of project.