Miyamoto International (“Miyamoto”) is in business to make the world a better, safer place. Miyamoto is a global multi-hazard engineering and disaster risk reduction firm that provides resiliency expertise that sustains industries and safeguards communities around the world. We work with governments, international development banks, UN agencies, NGOs and other partners in the international development and humanitarian assistance sector to help communities build resilience to natural disasters.
We are currently seeking a Chief of Party/Program Director for an anticipated disaster risk reduction project, USAID Support to the Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI) Program in India. This is a 5-year-long program. The position is contingent upon Miyamoto International, Inc. being selected for an award. This position is subject to and contingent upon USAID approval of candidates put forth for consideration by Miyamoto International, Inc. The COP will be responsible for the entire program and its results, and will be required to work with various stakeholders, including high-level government and USAID officials.
The COP’s primary responsibilities are to provide overall leadership management and general technical direction of the entire activity, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the scope of work of the program. The COP will be expected to identify issues and risks related to implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments.
- Oversee implementation of program activities and provides quality strategic leadership, managerial oversight, and administration of the project;
- Serve as a primary point of contact to liaise with USAID, government stakeholders, private sector and other local partners as required by the project, to coordinate activities and facilitate monitoring and reporting of project objectives and achievements;
- Participate in and play a leading role in project reporting and analysis and use of strategic information;
- Safeguard Miyamoto’s reputation by ensuring that financial, contractual, technical, and political integrity is maintained and strengthened;
- Monitor project implementation, including internal and external client satisfaction, using best practices;
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate project adjustments;
- Provide strategic vision and overall leadership, and ensure the provision of timely, relevant, high quality work from both long-term staff and incoming short-term consultants;
- Ensure component activities are integrated and fully leveraged so the project meets/exceeds expected results;
- Build synergies among the different activities, and pursue areas of cooperation with key counterparts, other donors, and partner institutions;
- Oversee the drafting and completion of required project reports and deliverables, such as quarterly reports, work plans and technical reports, ensuring their quality and timely submission.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field required; Ph.D. preferred;
- 10+ years’ professional experience in development at a senior program management level, including direct supervision of professional and support staff;
- Demonstrated senior-level leadership (e.g., Chief of Party, Project Director, Deputy Director) to programs of similar magnitude and complexity is preferred;
- Proven exceptional leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of donor-supported programs of comparable size and complexity, with skills in high level strategic visioning and leadership;
- Strong communication skills, including interpersonal and in written and oral English;
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to Miyamoto’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures;
- Fluency in English oral and written communication.