Acclimatise is looking for a self-motivated individual with strong project management skills, excellent technical knowledge and demonstrable consulting experience in physical climate change risk, vulnerability assessment and adaptation.
The role entails extremely varied and hugely interesting work that gives you the opportunity to make a real contribution to understanding and conveying the risks and opportunities that physical climate change poses for businesses and governments. You will manage projects that will shape the climate change adaptation agenda worldwide.
You will bring your existing consulting experience to enable you to effectively manage and deliver projects for Acclimatise, including managing teams, budgets, quality control and client liaison.
This senior position involves applying your technical fluency in the physical sciences to generate rigorous, meaningful insight that helps our clients understand climate risks and opportunities, and adapt to a changing climate.
The successful candidate will primarily work on and manage some of Acclimatise’s global portfolio of projects that focus on analysing climate change risk and resilience.
Most of the time you will be managing more than one project, balancing competing priorities. You will also be involved in helping us to write winning proposals and will be expected to actively participate and lead aspects of business development.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Multi-disciplinary project management and client liaison
- Applying experienced knowledge of physical climate risk and vulnerability assessments in our projects
- Report writing, review and quality control
- Provide cross-business analytical support
- Support our expanding Analytics business through contributing to the development of new and existing science-based digital applications and tools
- Presenting in training and workshop sessions
- Proposal writing and business development
Full-time · Cardiff or Oxford, UK. A combination of working from home and office is encouraged