A. About Asian Disaster Preparedness Center
ADPC is an intergovernmental regional organization with a vision to reduce disaster and climate risk impacts on communities and countries in Asia and the Pacific by working with governments, development partners, international organizations, NGOs, civil society, private sector, media, and other key stakeholders.
Established in 1986 as a technical capacity building center, ADPC has grown and diversified its expertise across social and physical sciences to support sustainable solutions for risk reduction across a broad range of specialist areas. With over 100 staff from 19 different nationalities and a wide range of professional expertise from atmospheric scientists to social scientists with experiences from all levels of engagement typically required for Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Climate Resilience (CR) in an effective manner. ADPC is a competent regional resource center and has seven thematic departments: ADPC Academy, Risk Governance, Climate Resilience, Urban Resilience, Health Risk Management, Preparedness for Response and Recovery, Geospatial Information. These are supported by the Finance, Human Resources and Administration, and Strategic Planning departments. In addition to the departments, ADPC works on three cross-cutting themes: Gender and Diversity, Poverty and Livelihoods, and Regional and Transboundary Cooperation through permanent working committees.
ADPC Strategy 2020 guides the organization in providing comprehensive risk reduction support to countries and communities in Asia and the Pacific. ADPC recognizes the importance of examining the linkages between disaster risk management, poverty reduction, gender equality, sustainability, rights-based approaches, climate change, and regional cooperation.
For details please refer to ADPC website at http://www.adpc.net/
Statement of Intent:
The intern will support the Communications Manager in carrying out knowledge sharing activities.
It is not the intent of this Position Description to cover every aspect of the position requirements, rather to highlight the most important areas of personal and joint responsibility.
Required Qualifications/ Selection Criteria:
• Enrolled in a university program on communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, or related field (or newly graduated)
• Excellent command of written and spoken English
• Interest in writing, editing, and producing communication materials for different platforms.
• Operate within all ADPC Guidelines & Procedures/ Policies
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Help with communication products such as drafting articles, reports, stories, etc.
• Develop content including images and videos for website and knowledge sharing;
• Help to organize webinars/seminars, (e)meetings and events to promote wider cooperation with stakeholder;
• Assist in planning, writing, and managing thematic e-newsletter.
• Monitor and research influencers, trending topics and tools on assigned sectors;
• Undertake research on pre-assigned topics;
• General social media planning, research, reporting, and coordination as assigned.
Duration of the internship: Six months