Global Platform 2013 Registration
Online registration is now closed
The online registration is now closed. Further registration will now be directly at the venue
Please also see practical information here: https://www.preventionweb.net/globalplatform/2013/practical
Badge Pick up
We strongly recommend that participants check in and pick up their conference badges at their earliest convenience to avoid waiting in long lines. Due to the number of delegates registered, we highly recommend picking up your badge on Sunday (May 19) or Monday (May 20).
Participants can check in and collect their badges at the Conference Centre during the following times:
19 May - 09:30 to 18:00
20 May - 08:00 to 18:00
21 May - 08:00 to 18:00
22 May - 08:00 to 18:00
23 May - 08:00 to 18:00
Please note that the Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction is an invitation only event.
Delegates invited to the 2013 Global Platform include:
- Member States of the United Nations. Invitations will be sent through the Permanent
Missions in Geneva and New York. Persons wishing to become part of their national
delegation should contact their National Focal Point for the implementation of the Hyogo
Framework for Action and/or the Ministry of External Relations or Foreign Affairs.
See National focal point on PreventionWeb country pages:
- Parliamentarians: Members of Parliament are encouraged to register as part of their national delegations.
- Local Governments: Local government leaders and representatives who have signed up to the Making Cities Resilient campaign can register, others will need to be registered through their national delegation.
- Regional Intergovernmental Organisations
- United Nations Specialized Agencies, Programmes and International Financial
Institutions: All UN funds, programmes and specialized agencies and international financial institutions are invited to register their delegations to the Global Platform Session.
- NGOs and civil society organizations: Selected NGOs, NGO Networks and Civil Society
Organizations will receive invitations to attend the fourth session. Invitations will be
addressed to the Head of the Organization, who will be in charge of designating an official
- Private sector: Private sector partners are welcome and should contact the UNISDR
Private Sector focal point. See:
- Scientific and Academic community: Scientific and Academic organisations should
contact the Global Platform coordination office for accreditation. Email:
Requests for participation by other expert organizations will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Given the nature and purpose of the Global Platform, participation is limited. Only organizations that have demonstrated a strong and continued engagement in disaster risk reduction and implementation of the Hyogo Framework for Action, including involvement in UNISDR regional and thematic platforms, and which have wide representation and outreach at international level will be considered.
Please note that UNISDR does not provide travel or other funding to delegates. One representative per LDC country may be nominated by their national delegation, subject to availability of funding.
Learn more in Practical Information: