Watch this space for the full progamme, agenda of statements, Market Place stalls, side events, and IGNITE stage presentations.
Key outcomes to achieve during the Fourth Session include:
- A stronger and more sustainable ISDR movement world-wide that leads to increased responsibility for reinforcing resilience to disasters.
- A dynamic and trend-setting forum for decision makers, partners, experts and practitioners to announce initiatives, launch products, share information, promote campaigns, and provide evidence around disaster risk reduction.
- Directions and new alliances for the development and use of new tools and methodologies aimed at understanding and applying the economics and investment in disaster risk reduction.
- A forum to discuss progress and consult over a post-Hyogo Framework of Action (HFA).
- Events that follow-up and progress on the 2011 Global Platform (examples may include an update on disaster loss in schools and hospitals, accounting for disaster losses, the status of National Platforms, and progress of the Children's Charter for Disaster Risk Reduction).
- Priorities and directions reflected in the outcome document - the Chair's Summary.