ORGANIZER(S): French Directorate for the Environment (DIREN)
Type: Meeting or Conference Date: 22 - 24 Jun 2009 Location: Martinique (Fort-de-France)
This first SEISMCARE assembly is organized by the Martinique Regional Directorate for the Environment (DIREN) together with the Martinique Regional Council, the Martinique General Council, the Prefecture of Martinique, the Department Directorate for Equipment (DDE), the French Geological Survey (BRGM) and the Volcanological and Seismological Observatory of Martinique (OVSM). It is financed by the Martinique Regional Directorate for the Environment (DIREN).
The first SEISMCARE assembly (project nb CNF-IYPE 416) will be held in Fort-de-France, Martinique Island, in June 2009.
Lectures will be scheduled from 8 to 12 AM and from 2 to 5:30 PM; posters exhibitions should be permanent, however authors should attend their posters especially after 5:30 PM not to overlap oral lectures.
On one hand, several symposia are proposed; each symposium is chaired by a secretary who introduces the lectures and the invited speakers.
The symposia will cover the following provisional topics:
- Public information and educational topics (scholars, public, companies, tourism, traders etc.)
- Training courses and qualifications for construction professionals
- Seismic retrofit solutions for schools
- General preventive strategies
Other topics ideas are welcome.
Lectures will be presented by speakers invited by the symposia secretaries. Each presentation will be allocated 20 minutes plus 10 minutes in discussion time.
Posters may be presented by every participant (only one poster as first author). They must not exceed the standard A0 format and must be written in English.
Several public expositions will be held:
- Major 20th century earthquakes in Martinique Island
- Information desk about seismic prevention (building codes, things to do, emergency kits etc.)
- Plate tectonics and earthquakes in the Caribbean region
- Earthquake simulating vibrating table for people prevention and house model kits testing.
Call for additional programme ideas or propositions closes February 28st. Call for abstracts (presentations or posters) closes March 31st.
Simultaneous translation in French, English and Spanish will be provided.
Short URL: https://www.preventionweb.net/go/7889