ORGANIZER(S): RedR - India
Type: Training Course Date: 07 - 11 Apr 2020 Location: India (Thrissur, Kerala)
A 5–day training course on Community Based Disaster has been designed to improve the capacity of specialist and non-specialist professionals in the domain of disaster risk reduction. The overall aim of the course is to introduce participants on the scope of disaster preparedness strategy and associated aspects, thus generating a locally appropriate and locally owned strategy for disaster preparedness and risk reduction.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
· Understand the concepts underlying CBDRR in the context of the Disaster Management Cycle.
· Carry out the Participatory Facilitation of Hazard, Vulnerabilities, Capacity and Risk Assessment.
· Undertake Stakeholder Analysis of Communities.
· Understand Global and National Level Frameworks guiding CBDRR.
· Understand key elements of Comprehensive Disaster Risk Reduction and Actions.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
· Provincial Administrators/Govt. Officials.
· Mid-level Managers and Practitioners of CSOs.
· Individuals who are interested in designing and implementing people-centered DRR programs.
· Emergency Response or Management Specialists in Aid work.
· DRR and Emergency staff of CSOs, UN and CSR Foundations.
· Significance, nature & scope of Community Based Disaster Risk Reduction and Management.
· Long term Disaster Mitigation and Preparedness Measures and Capacity Development.
· Essentials of Preparedness and DRR Planning.
· Capacity and Vulnerability Analysis.
· Use of Sphere Standards in Community Based Disaster Preparedness, Family Level Preparedness and Relief and Rescue.
· Participatory Planning and Risk Assessment.
· Tools, Predictability, Forecasting and Early Warning Systems for hazards.
· DRR Strategies and Programs, MDRR in Development and DRR Policy & Governance.
*RESIDENTIAL PARTICIPANTS - ₹ 55,000/ USD 785 approx **NON-RESIDENTIAL PARTICIPANTS - ₹ 30,000/ USD 430 approx
*Includes tuition fee, breakfast, lunch, dinner, refreshments during training and shared accommodation (room to be shared by two participants). **Includes tuition fee, lunch, and refreshments during the training.
• The fee is inclusive of 18% Goods and Services Tax (GST). • Base currency for RedR India is INR. • All billing will be in INR, with equivalent USD/GBP or other currency rate prevailing at the time of filling being applicable. • Single occupancy rooms can be made available on request and with additional cost.
• For any other query or support, kindly write here.
HOW TO REGISTER
To register for this course, please click the participant registration form. Your registration will be confirmed on receipt of the completed form and course fee. If you have any queries regarding the training or you face any difficulty in filling the registration form, please write here or you can call directly on the office phone numbers - +91 7028198901, +91 20 25280454
Event website: https://www.redr.org.in
Short URL: https://www.preventionweb.net/go/70576