The InterMET Asia exhibition & conference is a unique marketplace bringing together the global weather and climate industry with those in the public and private sectors seeking to mitigate and manage the risks of extreme weather and climate change, and to understand the opportunities.
Focused on Asia, Africa and the Pacific Island regions, it has taken place annually in Singapore since 2014. In 2018, companies and decision makers attended from some 50 countries.
The 2019 show is again expected to feature Special Sessions on Public-Private Sector co-operation sponsored by the World Bank and the Global Facility for Disaster Reduction & Recovery.
- To download the proceedings of the 2018 InterMET conference, click here - password required
- For the 2018 Show Report click here
- Listen to the welcome message for the 2017 show from Dr Petteri Taalas, Secretary General, WMO (World Meteorological Organisation)
What's on Offer for Visitors
- FREE registration to the 2-day exhibition, with access to leading hydro-meteorology technology companies and providers of products and services
- Two day expert-led conference programme. The focus will be the technologies supporting the modernisation of forecasting & early warning services in the NMHSs, from observation of weather hazards, to data analysis & production of forecasts, to preparation and communication of alerts and guidance for public action
- Project workshop on modernisation of hydro-meteorological services, for NMHSs and companies seeking business on development projects
- The World Bank – GFDRR Special Sessions, which will address the opportunities of & obstacles to public-private sector co-operation in the provision of forecasting and early warning services
- FREE registration to company technical presentations
- FREE registration to workshop sessions
- All participants at InterMET Asia 2019 will also be able to attend the co-located InterFLOOD Asia Exhibition & Conference
- FREE registration to the exhibition, dedicated to products, services and solutions needed to mitigate and manage the risks and impact of flooding, and the potentially catastrophic consequences for life, business and the economy
- Two day conference programme covering:
international perspectives on flooding; flood mitigation, management and resilience; resilient disaster recovery systems; resilient emergency and rescue services; flood forecasting, and early warning services