Please review the commonly asked questions below before contacting us. If you have any other questions, please use our contact form.
1. How can I register/reset my account password?
If you have forgotten the email address you used to sign-up for an account, please contact us.
2. How can I subscribe/unsubscribe from PreventionWeb.net emails?
To modify your subscription preferences:
Log-in, click on the “My Subscriptions” tab and adjust your subscription preferences.
To unsubscribe from email alerts:
You can follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email you received. Please note that it will cancel ALL your PreventionWeb subscriptions.
Alternatively, you can adjust your subscription preferences and choose weekly updates, by themes, regions or hazards. To do so, log-in, click on the “My Subscriptions” tab and select the updates you would like to receive.
3. How can I request the deletion of my personal data from PreventionWeb?
4. How can I update my organization’s profile on PreventionWeb?
Go to your organization’s profile, click on “Do more with your content” in the upper right corner and select “Edit this organization profile”. Fill out the form and you will receive a personalized link to make the changes.
5. Can I reprint/republish/use content available on PreventionWeb knowledge base in my paper/study/course?
PreventionWeb does not hold the copyright for any content published in its knowledge base. Should you need permission to use content such as a publication, map, graphic, data, news story, etc., please contact the source organization directly.
6. How can I get support and/or financial assistance for my project?
While PreventionWeb may promote grant programmes from partner organizations, it does not, however, provide direct support or financial assistance.
7. How can I share content on PreventionWeb?
Select the type of content you wish to submit from the list and complete the submission form.
All content is reviewed and validated prior to publishing. You will receive an email upon publication, or we will contact you if we have any questions.
For more information, see our content submission policy
8. What type of content can I share?
You can share the following types of material:
- Documents and publications
- Policy, plans and strategies at the national, regional and global level
- News and announcements
- Meetings and events
- Training courses (including webinars)
- Academic programmes from nationally accredited academic institutions
- Education and training materials
- Job vacancies
- Maps depicting relevant hazard, exposure and vulnerability
9. Where is the content I just submitted? I can’t find it on PreventionWeb.
Each submission is reviewed and validated by PreventionWeb editorial team prior to publishing. Content accepted for publication will generally be published within two working days of submission. You will receive an email upon publication, or we will contact you if we have any questions. Please note we prioritize recently released content.
10. Why has my content submission been rejected by the PreventionWeb editorial team?
Your content may have been rejected for one of the following reasons:
- The content does not focus on long-term disaster risk management and resilience within a natural and man-made hazard risk preparedness, mitigation or prevention context.
- The content is behind a pay-wall.
- The content is a personal paper.
- The content is a workshop summary or conference proceedings. Such materials can be included as attachments to their related event in the DRR calendar.
- The content is a corporate document such as a workplan, annual report or flyer
For more information, see our content submission policy.