Document / Publication
African Development Bank (AfDB)
African Union (AU)
New Partnership for Africa's Development Planning and Coordinating Agency (NEPAD)
United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction - Regional Office for Africa (UNISDR AF)
The aim of the Africa Regional Strategy for Disaster Risk Reduction is to contribute to the attainment of sustainable development and poverty eradication by facilitating the integration of disaster risk reduction into development.
The Strategy’s objectives are to:
(1) increase political commitment to disaster risk reduction;
(2) improve identification and assessment of disaster risks;
(3) enhance knowledge management for disaster risk reduction;
(4) increase public awareness of disaster risk reduction;
(5) improve governance of disaster risk reduction institutions; and
(6) integrate of disaster risk reduction in emergency response management.