The Local Government Code of 1991 and our Constitution and By-Laws provide that the VMLP shall have the primary purpose of ventilating, articulating and crystallizing issues affecting city and municipal governments especially those concerning local legislation.
- Collaborate with the national, local and international agencies and organizations in attaining efficient and effective local legislation;
- Develop programs that will enrich and upgrade the capabilities of local legislative bodies;
- Encourage people participation;
- Coordinate and collaborate with other leagues;
- Assist the national government in the formulation and implementation of programs and projects;
- Promote local autonomy.