DanChurchAid is a faith-based organization rooted in teh Danish National Evangelical Church and working with a rights-based approach. Partnership is a founding principle for DCA. Partnership is not only a way of working but fundamental to DCA’s values and identity, and is our most important comparative advantage for achieving our goals, including greater sustainability, local ownership and cultural sensitivity.
DanChurchAid works towards ensuring the following fundamental rights of the world’s poorest
and most marginalised people:
1) the right to take part in and influence social, political and economic changes;
2) the right to food through better access to livelihood activities;
3) the right to basic health services, with particular focus on the fight against
4) the right to a life in dignity and thus the right to humanitarian assistance and protection;
5) the right to protection against the negative effects of landmines, cluster munitions
and other explosive remnants of war.
Disaster Reduction Goal
DCA’s overall policy goal is that marginalized and vulnerable women and men have increased resilience to anticipate, withstand, and recover from disaster and conflict; and that they, when disaster strikes, enjoy equal access to accountable, humanitarian assistance and protection of their life and dignity.
DCA is convinced that Disaster Reduction should be integrated in humanitarian as well as development programming. Disaster Reduction is therefore a critical aspect of our livelihood programmes.