IRC is a non-sectarian, non-governmental international relief and humanitarian aid organization. The IRC's mission is to help those fleeing racial, religious and ethnic persecution, as well as those uprooted by war and violence.
Disaster Reduction Goal
The goal of DRR at IRC is to build resilient communities which are:
• Aware of the risks they face;
• Prepared to face those risks;
• Able to absorb shocks and stresses, either by adaptation or resistance;
• Able to maintain their basic structures and continue functioning, even under disastrous conditions;
• Capable of recovering following these events;
• Poised to learn from the event and to improve adaptive and/or resistance mechanisms.