The Global Network of Civil Society Organisations for Disaster Reduction (GNDR) is the largest international network of organisations committed to working together to improve the lives of people affected by disasters world-wide.
GNDR is a voluntary network of civil society organisations, associations and individuals who are committed to working together, and engaging with partners and other stakeholders, to increase community resilience and reduce disaster risk around the world.
In the Strategy 2016-2020, 'Stronger Together', GNDR has established three objectives:
- Increase the impact of civil society in influencing policies and practices at local, national and international levels
- Enhance collaboration capabilities of civil society and cooperation with other stakeholders
- Strengthen the creation, analysis and sharing of knowledge
Bond, CAN International
The Global Network supports the Making Cities Resilient Campaign in a variety of ways including. GNDR secretariat supports and commits to the campaign to the full membership. Encourages participation in the campaign and advocates for building mutually beneficial partnerships between local government and civil society organisations. Develops memberships inputs through sharing of local experience, expertise and capacities in the design, management and implementation of urban disaster risk reduction projects. Supports in developing better tools and methodologies for urban risk reduction. Facilitates membership inputs to “Expert Panels” and consultation groups. Encourages greater involvement of local practitioners in relevant regional and international policy forums, seminars, conference and workshops.
- Regional Development Coordinators in three regions; Latin America, West Africa, and Asia /Pacific.
- 11 regional representatives of the Global Board.
8 Waldegrave Road, Teddington TW11 8HT Teddington United Kingdom