IWRA is an international network of multidisciplinary experts on water resources. We are a non-profit, non-governmental, educational organisation established in 1971. IWRA provides a global forum for bridging disciplines and geographies by connecting professionals, students, individuals, corporations and institutions who are concerned with the sustainable use of the world’s water resources.
Disaster Reduction Goal
The goal of IWRA is to improve and expand the understanding of water issues through education, research and information exchange among countries and across disciplines.
IWRA seeks to continually improve water resource decision-making by improving our collective understanding of the physical, ecological, chemical, institutional, social, and economic aspects of water.
Our Goal for water is deeply related to Disaster Reduction.
Making disaster risk reduction a policy priority, institutional strengthening (HFA 1)
- Enhancing the quality of knowledge used in decision-making.
- Networking with other organisations to advance common interests and goals.
- Providing an international forum for water resource issues.
Education, information and public awareness (HFA 3)
- Advancing water resources and related environmental research.
- Promoting water education throughout society by improving global access to relevant data and information.
- Improving exchanges of information and expertise.