PREDES is a Peruvian non-governmental organisation.
Its Mission is “To generate knowledge and promote disaster risk management, as well as an environmental and disaster prevention culture, at national and international levels, as an inherent part to the sustainable development, involving all stakeholders”.
Disaster Reduction Goal
- To encourage a disaster prevention culture that generates a proactive attitude towards environmental deterioration and the increase of disasters risk, promoting practices of responsible citizenship, based on values of solidarity, social equity and gender
- To promote the development of local capacities for disaster risk management.
- To reduce the vulnerability to hazards, contributing to the improvement of habitat conditions and people quality of life.
- To support disaster risk mitigation in poor populations.
- To perform impact on public policies, to include a disaster risk management approach, as part of sustainable development.
Policies and Programmes in DRR
* Studies and advisories
Hazard, vulnerability and risk assessments, development plans, participatory budgets, public investment projects, management tools for Municipalities, disaster risk management, climate change adaptation studies
* Emergency preparedness and response
Organization and training, early warning system, emergency and contingency plans
Shelter, water and sanitation, emotional recovery
* DRR technologies and training
* Dissemination and communication
Campaigns. documentation center, bulletins, Web page, publications
Membership in Key Networks
Foro ACT Peru (ACT Alliance Peru Forum)
ALDEHUS - Alianza para el desarrollo humano sostenible
ANC - Asociación Nacional de Centros
Making Cities Resilient Campaign Activities
DIPECHO VII, 2011-2012 Action Plan
Disaster Risk Reduction Focal Point(s)
PREDES Directive Council:
Jose Sato; President, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rosario Quispe; Vice-president, email@example.com
Gilberto Romero; member, firstname.lastname@example.org